We are a small, family owned and operated Pacific Northwest tour operator seeking a personable, professional and experienced tour guide to offer our guests an exceptional experience while visiting Seattle and Woodinville for the day.
This is a 1099 position, with an estimated 12 hours per week, including one-day a week touring (Friday) from May 31 – September 7, 2019. There may be other Tour Directing opportunities for extended, multi-night trips for the right candidate.
In this role, you will represent our brand and are responsible for escorting travelers from all over the world from their Seattle hotel, to Snoqualmie Falls, to Woodinville, then back to Seattle for a city tour before dropping them off at their hotel for the night. This position does not include driving responsibilities, only guiding.
Group sizes will vary and range from as few as 2 people to as many as 50.
Tour Director Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Providing an engaging and memorable tour!
- 2-3 hours a week of administrative oversight, coordination and communications with main office
• Greet all guests promptly at a downtown hotel at the scheduled tour time every Friday, May - September, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm.
• Clear communication and ability to connect with guests and make them feel at ease
• Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times (even under pressure!) - you will be ON all day!
• Deescalate any tension with difficult guests
• Escort guests through the itinerary, taking breaks as needed
• Keep the tour moving on schedule while still being considerate to guests
• Know all safety and security protocols, should they be needed
• Complete and submit an end of day tour report
Tour Director Requirements and Qualifications
• Significant experience in touring, customer service or a hospitality role preferred
• Experience with Alaska cruises, public speaking, and knowledge of Washington State wine is a plus
• Proactive problem solver and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to recite facts clearly and accurately and improvise with a natural sense of humor
• Fluent in English; bilingual a plus
• Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic computer skills, including email and word processing. Must already have or be willing to procure a computer at home with internet access, and a smart phone.
• Enthusiastic, engaging, and informative way of speaking
• Enjoy working in a flexible environment with little to no direct supervision as well as a team player who errs on the side of over communication
• Passion for learning and willingness to continue to acquire relevant knowledge
- Required to attend a day of paid training in late April or early May 2019
- CPR and First Aid certification is required. Training fee will be covered by employer, unless employment is severed in the first 90 days of employment.
- Individual will need to complete a non-compete agreement prior to employment start of contract.
$23 - $26 per hour, DOE. Gratuities are given by the discretion of the guest. Bonus potential based on attendance and overall performance measures at the end of the season.
There may be other Tour Directing opportunities for extended, multi-night trips for the right candidate.
To apply: Include 5 prior customer reviews or referrals (or links to review pages) in your cover letter and send your resume to email@example.com .