We are a small, family owned and operated Pacific Northwest tour operator seeking a personable, professional and experienced tour guide to offer our guests an exceptional experience while visiting Seattle and Woodinville for the day
This is a 1099 position, with an estimated 12 hours per week, schedule extended to include one-day a week of touring (typically on Friday) from May 31 – September 7, 2019.
In this role, you will represent our brand and are responsible for escorting travelers from all over the world from their Seattle hotel, to Snoqualmie Falls, to Woodinville, then back to Seattle for a city tour before dropping them off at their hotel for the night. This position may include some driving responsibilities, though primarily guiding.
Group sizes will vary and range from as few as 2 people to as many as 50.
Tour Director Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Providing an engaging and memorable tour!
- 2-3 hours a week of administrative oversight, coordination and communications with main office
• Greet all guests promptly at a downtown hotel at the scheduled tour time every Friday, May - September, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm.
• Clear communication and ability to connect with guests and make them feel at ease
• Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times (even under pressure!) - you will be ON all day!
• De-escalate any tension with difficult guests
• Escort guests through the itinerary, taking breaks as needed
• Keep the tour moving on schedule while still being considerate to guests
• Know all safety and security protocols, should they be needed
• Complete and submit an end of day tour report
Tour Director Requirements and Qualifications
• CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work independently with little to no oversight
- Significant experience in touring, customer service or a hospitality role preferred
• Experience with Alaska cruises, public speaking, and knowledge of Washington State wine is a plus
• Proactive problem solver and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to recite facts clearly and accurately and improvise with a natural sense of humor
• Fluent in English; bilingual a plus
• Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic computer skills, including email and word processing. Must already have or be willing to procure a computer at home with internet access, and a smart phone.
• An enthusiastic, engaging, and informative way of speaking
• Enjoy working in a flexible environment with little to no direct oversight as well as a team player who errs on the side of over communication
• Passion for learning and willingness to continue to acquire relevant knowledge
- Experience with drive/guide a plus!
$23 - $27 per hour, DOE. Gratuities are given by the discretion of the guest.
There may be opportunities for extended, multi-night trip schedules for those interested.
To apply: Include 5 prior customer reviews or referrals (or links to review pages) in your cover letter and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org