Post by Inquisitours
We have spoken to all of our confirmed guests about their travel with us and the impact of Coronavirus on their travel plans regarding rescheduling and cancelation options. The health and safety of our guests and tour directors is our #1 priority. We rely on a number of news sources as well as authoritative institutes of WHO, the CDC, and state and city travel advisories. As news is unfolding every day, we are monitoring and taking appropriate action.
Before making a decision about your travel plans, we recommend that you check travel advisories and health authorities’ advice on a regular basis for the most up to date information.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Port of Seattle
- Washington State Department of Health
We understand that the situation differs for each person, and we have trust in our health systems and believe that the authorities concerned will make the proper decisions. If you choose to proceed with your travel plans:
- Check your travel insurance policy to see what is covered in the case of cancellations, such as cancelled flights. Ensure that your insurance includes ‘travel disruption coverage’ in the event of cancelled flights, etc.
- Travel insurance policies will generally not cover cancellations for “fear of travel” so fear of catching the virus as a reason to cancel will not be covered. However, in some cases, it is possible to add “cancel for any reason” to your insurance policy. As always, understand your policy carefully as certain conditions apply.
- Be sure to read the small print about the type of coverage you’re eligible for in case you need medical assistance while traveling.
- We recommend purchasing refundable travel arrangements where possible, in the case of unexpected changes. Many US airlines have begun introducing temporary policies waiving the change fee. We recommend that you check directly on the airline’s website for the most up to date information.
- And finally, if you are sick, please stay home. PLEASE.
Here are links to the latest airline policies in light of the current coronavirus situation for some of the major American airlines:
American Airlines: www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp