Northern Spain Harvest Festival Food & Wine Tour
Departure from Anywhere
Join us as we explore Northern Spain’s wine country and the Basque Country on this inclusive wine and culinary tour.
Madrid - Bilbao
Fall 2022 – Dates Coming Soon!
Ribera del Duero → 3 nights
- Visit Abadía Retuerta winery with a private 4×4 tour of the estate and vineyards
- Explore Peñafiel’s castle with views over the vineyards
- Sample the signature dish of the region “Lechazo”, at Molino de Palacios.
- Spend your afternoon as you prefer. You may choose to:
– Take a bike ride along River Duero
– Relax at the five star thermal spa
– Stroll by the river
– Learn how the chef grows his own vegetables in the hotels gardens
Continue your travels with a scenic drive across the Spanish countryside to the wine region “Rueda”. The continental climate and high altitude vineyards makes it ideal for refreshing white wines. Verdejo is the prominent grape variety, but can also be blended with Sauvignon Blanc and Viura.
A private visit to Grupo Valdebuevas, one of the best producers for white wines, “Rueda”, Lunch in a traditional restaurant, La Botica de Matapozuelos,in the middle of the countryside, Visit a olive oil producer, with a guided oil tasting, Walk through an olive grove situated in the same place where General Blake fought against Napoleonic troops during the Peninsular War
This evening, à-la-carte dinner is included at any of the fine venues in the hotel, including room service.
- Morning bull runs and evening bullfights
- Firework displays
- Parades and music
- Traditional foot-crushing of grapes
- Shuttles to/from the event will be offered throughout the day
- Become a wine grower. You will harvest, shell, and press grapes!
- Picnic from a viewpoint with selected wines while experiencing an educational and sensory journey
- Taste a traditional Rioja lunch with lamb chops and vine shoots in the vineyards, paired with family wines
- Visit the Guggenheim Bilbao
- Enjoy a Basque lunch at the Bistro in the Guggenheim museum
- Explore Old town on your own
- Walking history tour of San Sebastían
- Visit the local San Sebastían market
- Experience a lunch-time guided pintxos bar crawl